Friday
May 19, 2006
SGN.org
Volume 34
Issue 20
 
search only SGN online
Sunday, Dec 15, 2019

 

 



 

Arts and Entertainment
click here for ALL A & E Stories

Cirque du Soleil's 'Varekai' - Amazing talents presented in a superbly paced show
by Rod Parke - SGN A&E Writer

As I mentioned last week, Cirque du Soleil is a circus for everyone (3 years and up), including those who hate circuses. It is sophisticated, brilliant, and a delight to the ears as well as the eyes. No animals, no sawdust; just amazing talents presented in a superbly paced show of great variety and amusement.

The show is currently runn
more
SGN ARTS & ENTERTAINMENT
---------------------------------------------
'Da Vinci Code' is a lifeless turkey
by Derich Mantonela - SGN A&E Writer

Opens Friday, everywhere

"Da Vinci Code" - if you're a fan of the 50-million-copies-sold novel you'll probably hate the movie version (it fails to measure up in almost every aspect), or if you're simply curious to see what you hope might be a passably entertaining date flick, you're go
more
---------------------------------------------
DIFFA's GLAM event shines Event raises funds for HIV/AIDS services and education programs
by David Luc Nguyen (Teriyaki Temple) - SGN A&E Writer

The Seattle chapter of DIFFA (Design Industries Foundation Fights AIDS) presented "GLAM - A Celebration of High-Style Design" at Masins in Pioneer Square last Thursday. Producers ensured the event lived up to its name (GLAM) by making guests fe
more
---------------------------------------------
Goldfrapp glams it up for huge Gay crowd at The Showbox
by Albert Rodriguez - SGN A&E Writer

Goldfrapp
May 11 @ The Showbox

Gay boys. That was 75 percent of Goldfrapp's audience when their heels touched the stage at The Showbox on May 11. The other 25 percent didn't know what hit them. And probably still don't.

With a wind machine fanning her flawless blonde
more
--------
Stirring, timely Tony-award winning musical hits on current issues
by Rajkhet Dirzhud-Rashid - SGN A&E Writer

Pippin
Directed and choreographed by:
David Armstrong, starring:
Jim Gall, Troy L. Wageman,
Collin Morris, Mimi Hines,
Scott Brateng, Eric Brotherson,
Kari Lee Cartwright, Daniel Cruz
(and many more!)
5th Avenue Theatre
May 2nd-21
The
more
-------
 
in the MUSIC LOUNGE
Aussie goodness: Wolfmother's Myles Heskett recorded in the same studio as Nirvana, listens to Missy Elliott and Justin Timberlake, is cool with Gay fans and can't wait to play the Sasquatch Music Festival
more
in Bits & Bytes
sorry, not in this weeks edition
more
--------
Sweet Sugar Nights: The opening of Sugar Night Club on Capitol Hill
by Teriyaki Temple (David Luc Nguyen) - SGN A&E Writer

Capitol Hill's nightlife surged to a new social high during Cinco De Mayo this past weekend. Surprisingly enough it wasn't from any of the usual culprits the scene has become accustomed to: Ecstasy, meth, coke, and mar
more
-------
Interesting and provocative dances mark a new program by Velocity Dance
by Rajkhet Dirzhud-Rashid - SGN A&E Writer

Next
Velocity Dance Center
Oddfellows
(Velocity Mainstage Theatre)
May 12th & 13th

Opening with life size cutouts of the same two dancers who performed the piece, Velocity Dance's 'Seneca & 4th' set the stage for dance that would be lively, unexpectedly acc
more
-------
Cappella Romana were mesmerizing
"...[A]float in the vibrations of an ancient world..."

by Rod Parke - SGN A&E Writer

As I'm settling my weary bones onto the hard wooden benches of Holy Rosary Catholic Church in West Seattle, I'm thinking, "And the reason we decided to come to this concert was&?" And during the long, highly repetitive opening work (by Manu
more

International Readers
We want to learn about you and have you tell us about Gay Life where you live.
Please click here



Seattle Gay Blog
It's new!
A blog created
by the SGN staff
so you can be heard

Free/Anonymous HIV& STD Testing



2nd Annual WA State
Gayaight Alliance Network Banquet

05.19.06

IKEA
PERFORMING ARTS CENTER

 

working for the freedom to
marry since 1995


copyright Seattle Gay News - DigitalTeamWorks 2006